Eating oats is an easy and harmless way to reduce cholesterol in your body.
Caramel Chewy Flapjacks
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup Ground Almonds
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- Handful of Sunflower Seeds or Almonds
- 1 cup Gooey Chopped Dates
- ½ cup of Raisins (and Goji berries)
- Teaspoon of Cinnamon and/or Nutmeg
- ½ cup Agave Syrup or Honey
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (gas mark 3)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a saucepan melt the fat with your choice of sweetener for 3 minutes and whisk together.
- Create a hole in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture. Make sure every last bit of your gooey mix is glistening.
- Put the contents in a lined and oiled tin no bigger than a magazine page. Press with your fingers, firmly.
- Backe for 30 – 35 minutes until lightly browned. Any deeper coloured and the oats will become bitter.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 – 10 minutes before lightly scoring the flapjacks into your desired sizes. Resist cutting up until they have chilled in the fridge and become hard and chewy. Wrap in baking parchment and store in the fridge.