With the pumpkins back in supermarkets again it’s time to get making soup. This is a delicious vegan recipe. Pumpkin flesh is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin E, iron, and folate, which strengthen your immune system. Eating only a small amount of Pumpkin seeds can provide you with a substantial quantity of healthy fats, magnesium, and zinc.
Pumpkin, Carrot, Coriander & Coconut Soup
- Flesh of 1 medium sized pumpkin chopped in small chunks
- 2 medium sized sweet potato
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 litre of organic veg stock
- 1 teaspoon powdered TNG organic coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoon organic creamed coconut
- 1 tsp xylitol
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shelled Pumpkin Seeds (It’s easiest to buy some!) or Coriander or Toasted Coconut or all three!
- Peel the sweet potatoes, onion and carrots and cut into small chunks.
- Place in a large pan along with the chopped pumpkin flesh, with the stock and coriander. (If the veggies aren’t completely covered, add extra stock or water.)
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend with a handheld blender to the consistency you like (completely smooth, or still a bit lumpy).
- Stir in the creamed coconut and xylitol till melted.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Reheat gently if necessary and sprinkle with garnish