Hay fever effects about 10% of the population and causes sneezing, a runny nose and itchy eyes. It’s very unpleasant for sufferers but there are lots of ways to lessen the symptoms.
1. Stay indoors if you can…
2. Using Vaseline or HayMax around your nostrils can prevent pollen entering your nose and triggering your hay fever.
3. Many sufferers benefit from taking TerraNova Quercetin Nettle Complex. It contains a mixture of Quercetin and Nettle which have natural anti- histamine properties along with anti-inflammatory turmeric, and elderflower.
4. Hay-band is completely natural, drug-free has no side effects and can be used by anyone, even children. Hay-band was developed by leading acupuncturists and exerts a small amount of pressure on the arm at a point which helps combat hay fever symptoms.
5. A diet rich in red meat and poultry can increase the likelihood of the development of hay fever and asthma. Decreasing your intake of meat may help lessen symptoms.
6. Many people swear that a teaspoon of local honey each day desensitises you to pollen and helps alleviate hay fever symptoms. You could also try Propolis (Bee Pollen) supplements.
7. A Vogel Pollinosan tablets and Pollinosan Nasal Spray can be used alone or together. These are homeopathic remedies and are non-drowsy. They can be used to help treat allergies to grass or tree pollen, as well as allergies to dust, animals and pets (allergic rhinitis). Another good remedy to combat hay fever symptoms is Irish Botanica All Seasons Complex, which is a syrup.
8. Clean your eyes regularly with tepid water.
You will find a selection of products which may help to combat hay fever shown below.
Remember – All customers purchasing online before 21st June 2020 will be entered into our midsummer draw – click here to find out more
- €16.85 – €27.65
- €19.75 – €35.50