Benefits and features of Venaforce® Horse Chestnut:
- Herbal varicose veins remedy
- Treats symptoms of varicose veins
- Made from freshly harvested horse chestnut seeds
The botanical name of the horse chestnut tree is Aesculus hippocastanum and because of this, horse chestnut seed preparations are sometimes also known simply as Aesculus.
Venaforce® Horse Chestnut tablets is a herbal remedy for treating the symptoms of varicose veins. Our horse chestnut seeds are picked in regions where no artificial pesticides, insecticides or fungicides are used.
At A.Vogel, we insist that only freshly picked horse chestnut seeds are used to make Venaforce®. This ensures that the extract obtained contains the active ingredients* that help with the symptoms of varicose veins.
Venaforce® Horse Chestnut gastro-resistant tablets
A traditional herbal medicinal product for the relief of symptoms associated with chronic venous insufficiency and varicose veins, such as tired, heavy legs, pain, cramps and swelling, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the leaflet.
What do Venaforce® Horse Chestnut tablets contain
Venaforce® contains an extract obtained from Horse Chestnut seeds in the form of a gastro-resistant herbal tablet.
One tablet contains 157.5-225.0mg of extract (as dry extract) from fresh Horse Chestnut seeds (Aesculus hippocastanum L. semen) corresponding to 50mg triterpene glycosides, calculated as anhydrous ß-aescin.
This product also contains soya polysaccharide. Do not use if you are allergic to peanut or soya.
Dosage of Venaforce® Horse Chestnut tablets
Venaforce® may be used by adults (over 18 years of age) seeking a herbal treatment for symptoms of varicose veins.
Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily immediately after food.
Venaforce® is for oral use only. Tablets should be swallowed whole. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Taking too much is unlikely to be harmful.
Who can’t take Venaforce®?
- Do not use this herbal treatment if you are allergic to Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastannum) seed
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If your symptoms worsen, or you do not feel any benefit from the treatment within 2 weeks, talk to your doctor
- Do not use Venaforce® if you are allergic to peanut or soya
- Varicose leg ulcers can arise on your lower legs as a result of varicose veins. If you suffer from leg ulcers or notice them developing, you must see your doctor before starting or continuing to use this product
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Minor side effects: The following minor side effects can occur when using this product. These are uncommon and likely to affect between 1 in every 1,000 and 1 in every 100 people.
- Digestive symptoms such as: feeling sick, stomach discomfort, wind, diarrhoea
- Skin reactions such as: itching, rash, red, itchy spots (urticaria)
Discontinue use if you find these are troubling you. Talk to a doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare advisor if you are concerned.
If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
FAQ Venaforce® Horse Chestnut tablets
1. Can I take Venaforce® with other medication?
Yes, you can use this herbal remedy with any other medicine.
2. How long will it be before I see signs of improvement?
If the herbal treatment is helping, you should feel an improvement within two weeks.
3. Can I use it for thread veins?
Thread veins are a form of varicose vein. Venaforce® can be used to help relieve swelling, making their appearance less prominent.
4. Will it reduce the prominence of the veins?
Depending on the severity of your symptoms, the cosmetic appearance of varicose veins (swelling) may improve with treatment.
5. Why are they called GR tablets?
GR stands for Gastro-resistant. This means that the tablet is specially coated and won’t break down in the stomach (where it could potentially be irritating due to its constituents) but in the small intestine where it won’t have an irritating effect.
Licence Number TR0725/011/001
We are registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland and are on the approved Internet Supply List.