The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, cardiovascular health and bone strength. These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid.
Organic Coconut Oil is beneficial for:
- Haircare – Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair helping to achieve healthy hair growth and preventing dry hair and dandruff by way of a regular massage.
- Skincare – Coconut oil is an effective moisturiser for dry skin and may also help in inflammatory skin conditions.
- Cardiovascular Health – there is a misconception that coconut oils is not good for the heart due to its saturated fats. However, coconut oil also contains 50% lauric acid which helps in various cardiovascular concerns such as high cholesterol. The saturated fats in coconut oil are not harmful as they are in vegetable oils.
- Weight Loss – coconut oil contains short and medium chain fatty acids that bond with saturated fatty acids to aid weight loss.
- Digestion – coconut oil helps to improve digestion and is thus used for various inflammatory digestion related problems.
- Immunity – coconut oil contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Bones – coconut oil improves the ability of our body to absorb minerals including calcium and magnesium.