Thw benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid.
Organic Coconut Oil is beneficial for:
- Haircare – Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair helping to achieve healthy hair growth and preventing dry hair and dandruff by way of a regular massage.
- Skincare – Coconut oil is an effective moisturiser for dry skin and may also help in inflammatory skin conditions.
- Cardiovascular Health – there is a misconception that coconut oils is not good for the heart due to its saturated fats. However, coconut oil also contains 50% lauric acid which helps in various cardiovascular concerns such as high cholesterol. The saturated fats in coconut oil are not harmful as they are in vegetable oils.
- Weight Loss – coconut oil contains short and medium chain fatty acids that bond with saturated fatty acids to aid weight loss.
- Digestion – coconut oil helps to improve digestion and is thus used for various inflammatory digestion related problems.
- Immunity – coconut oil contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Bones – coconut oil improves the ability of our body to absorb minerals including calcium and magnesium.